Do you need to apostille your driver’s license for South Korea?
To exchange your driver’s license for a South Korean driver’s license, you will need to follow these general steps:
- Check if you are eligible: Contact the South Korean embassy or consulate in the United States or visit the website of the Korea Driver’s License Agency to check if you are eligible to exchange your driver’s license for a South Korean driver’s license.
- Prepare necessary documents: Prepare the required documents, such as your driver’s license, your passport, and proof of your stay in South Korea (such as a visa or residence certificate).
- Take a driving test: Depending on your eligibility and the South Korean regulations, you may need to take a written and/or driving test. Some regions in South Korea require a driving test for all foreign applicants while others do not.
- Submit application: Submit your application and the necessary documents to the Korea Driver’s License Agency. You can apply in person or online, depending on the region.
- Wait for the license: After submitting your application and passing the required tests (if applicable), you will receive your South Korean driver’s license.
In order to obtain an apostille on a color copy of your driver’s license, you will need to make a color copy of your license and meet with a local notary public. The notary will then either copy certify the license (of allowed in their state) or notarize your signature. You can also write out the following statement, “I certify this is a true color copy of my driver’s license”. Once notarized, you can mail it in with our order forms for processing. Do not mail in the original driver’s license; only the notarized color copy.
It is recommended that you contact the South Korean embassy or consulate in the United States or the Korea Driver’s License Agency to confirm the specific requirements and procedures for exchanging your driver’s license for a South Korean driver’s license.
Obtaining an apostille on a driver’s license can be complicated. Don’t leave this process to untrained employees or non-professionals who do not fully understand the apostille process and the unique requirements of certain countries. Your paperwork could be rejected costing you time and money. Don’t let this happen to you!
Our staff is available Monday-Saturday from 9am to 6pm to answer your questions and provide you easy to follow-step-by-step instructions. Please call us at 1-800-850-3441.
Click on the download image to your left to get started. Our apostille service is fast, convenient, and saves you time and money.